Best Way to Buy Affordable Books
Auto-Publish by MamaFiza: Month of Outstation Duty .
Oyasumi nasai, marvelous mommies 😉
May you’ve a fabulous day with your lil angels. *cuddles*
Another speedy update and tips from me to share with you regarding how to get affordable (cheap) books for your baby, toddler and kids (plus you too! ^_____^).
I just love holding a new book (yummy!), carrying it with me almost everywhere and admiring from cover to cover!
Without doubt, early exposure to books is one of the key of success in the development of a child as an avid reader due to children by nature are alert, curious and fast-learner to absorb everything that is around them. Encouraging your child to read has a lots of benefits, however sometimes it can be very costly.
As I do believe: we must make a budget that work for us! (Yet, without sacrificing your family priority).
For this year, we have three huge bookshelves that are overloaded with books (Alhamdulillah). My dearest hubby provided us with a large selection of books (monthly) without wasting any single cent.
I recommended you to make a monthly or yearly “Book Purchase Plan“, to list down and track your expenses on books.
Sample image from big bro KiruaMi-cHan’s books collection *2010*.
But firstly you must notice what type of books appeal to your child’s tastes. After that, make a distinct list of what you would like to include (you may also discuss with them *one-on-one*). The main point is to make sure you include books that your child will willingly read.
Honestly, it makes no sense to purchase books, no matter how cheap, if your child is not going to read them.
Do help them to decide on some number for series books, activity books and lesson books.
Of course, buying children’s books does not have to be expensive.
- Buy online (via Internet):e.g eBay, Amazon.com , PTS BookCafe.com.my , MPHonline.com , ALIMKids Bookshop.
The benefit of purchasing children’s books in bundle is that you will easily get more books for a better price. Many online sellers are willing to ship their books via courier, so the result of shipping cost of most books are reasonable.
- Join Book Clubs!Please do worry if there are no book clubs in your neighborhood due to there are lots of book clubs online that you can simply “Google” for. Usually, by joining a book club would give you a regular updates on latest book sale.
- Swap Meets or Yard Sale.You can easily find lots of cheap children’s books at swap meets or even at yard sales. You may swap books with your friends.
Incredibly with low price (but not new book), you need to make sure there are no ripped out or torn pages, no missing pages or damage to the binding of the book before you purchase. Do check the books thoroughly for.
- Book-fair Affair!Many publisher carry children’s books at a very reasonable price (discount from 5% and up to 50%). Thus, we have never paid full price for a book after visiting any book fair and we have hundreds! *Alhamdulillah :-D*
Highly recommended! >________________<
PTS Publications & Distributors Sdn Bhd booth at PBAKL 2011. Don’t miss it!
Sample image of MPH Book Fair, location: JUSCO Alpha Angle, Kuala Lumpur.
Spotted us? 😉
- Book Warehouse SaleWide selection of products you may get from MYR 1.00 per copy and sometimes you even can save up to 90% off the list price.
Sample images of Warehouse Sale by Penerbitan Pelangi Sdn Bhd, last March 2011. We managed to buy more than 120 pieces of activity books, 15 story books and 20 revision books with just a total of MYR 130 (worth: MYR500!). What a superb bargain for our kids! (MYR 1, MYR 2, MYR 5 per book)
Have a great start for your new week my beauteous ladies 😉
God blessed , Amin~
p/s: Special note to our dear homeschool friend- Miss Alison Murugesu-Ghani (Alison Sandra), please accept my condolences for the loss of your dear husband (Captain Ghani Ishak). I never met him, but I imagine he was a great guy if he was anything like you. You always spoke highly of him (I read ’em online) and mentioned positive qualities about him (I truly adore your strength Miss Alison!). My deepest sympathies to you. We will be forever praying for you and your family. Amin~