Science for Toddler: How to Blow Up a Balloon without using Your Mouth or Your Hands
We love learning science at home 😉
Our toddlers truly enjoy any “Science Projects Just for the Fun of It!”.
Today, we would like to share a science project:
How to Blow Up a Balloon without using Your Mouth or Your Hands
Materials You’ll Need:
- Hard plastic bottle or glass bottle (one with a short neck works best)
- A medium-sized balloon with the neck of the balloon cut off just below the opening
- A large bowl
- Water (hot & cold)
Step by step guide:
- Fill the glass bottle with warm-to-hot water.
Let it sit for about 3 minutes so the bottle warms up.
- Pour cold water into the bowl until it’s about 3/4 full.
- Pour the warm water out of the bottle.
- Stretch the balloon over the top of the bottle.
- Put the bottle into the bowl of cold water and watch what happens!
Result: The balloon should inflate inside the bottle.
Why it happened (explain to your toddler):
As the air in the bottle cooled, it contracted and took up less space in the bottle. Air from outside the bottle rushed in to fill the space and inflated the balloon.
Okiee dookie mommies? Lets give it a try 😉
Insya-Allah, your toddler will like it!