Coloring Fun with Toddler *updates
Coloring is a favorite toddler pastime, but one that many parents struggle with. *what on earth?*
Little hands, a bunch of crayons, enthusiastic faces always melted me down.
With no doubt, kiddies love coloring 😉
The art of pencil color; Spaceship Theme by KiruaMi-cHan & ReiHi-cHan 😉
This week, I would love to share regarding to “Coloring Fun with Toddler“:
- Large chunky crayons are designed to fit small hands and give them more control over their artwork.
- Wide line drawings help your toddler in enhancing their coloring skills.
- Fun characters and shapes plus vibrant colors make them fun for both parent and toddler.
Step by step guide:
- Step 1:
Introduce your kiddies to selection type of coloring materials by guiding ’em with weekly different art projects.
- Step 2:
Demonstrate how to use crayon/pencil color in a simple method.
Show your lil toddler on how to use the coloring material.
Hold it firmly in your palm, and show him/her how to draw on a piece of paper.
Help him/her hold it himself/herself, and encourage him/her to try it on his/her own.
- Step 3:
Let him/her be creative. Once he gets the hang of drawing, let him experiment with the different color combinations.
KiruaMi-cHan at work!
- Step 4:
Praise your lil toddler when he/she writes/draws on the paper, and help correct him/her if he/she tries to put the crayon in his/her mouth or draw on the table or chair.
ReiHi-cHan at work!
- Step 5:
Put on their artwork at their own room as “Wall of Fame” 😉
- If he doesn’t get it right away don’t get disappointed or pushy. Toddlers notice things quickly, but also have very short attention spans.
- Keep the work time to a minimum and the workspace friendly and inviting.
- Always use verbal cues so your toddler learns to associate the names with the shapes and objects you are drawing.
- Don’t spend too much time “teaching.” Play games and make it about coloring the pictures. Have fun with this project.
I hope those tips could help you out on how to have fun while coloring with your sweetie pie 😉
Insya-Allah, everything will be smooth sailing.
May Allah swt blessed ya! Gambatte ne ^_-