How to Guide Your Baby to Love Reading Quran
Wish you were in great health with your beloved family 😉
Alhamdulillah, it had been 2 days since I started teaching my KiruaMi-cHan & ReiHi-cHan to read their own Iqra’ Books (a book for beginner in learning Al-Quran).
- My first baby step was recited versus from Al-Quran in my first pregnancy moment till nowadays for all my beloved kiddies *alhamdulillah*
- I brought my kiddies to read Yassin at the mosque, every Friday night since at their ages of 2. *alhamdulillah*
- My hubby brought KiruaMi-cHan to Friday Prayer weekly. *alhamdulillah*
- Teaching my kiddies to read prayer, imitate our daily pray and singing (99 of Allah’s Names, Prophet Muhammad’s chant, Zikrullah) as bedtime routine. *alhamdulillah*
- Guided them through Arabic’s & Jawi flash cards. *alhamdulillah* (click here for more info)
29th January 2008
- Papa bought ’em Iqra’ Book for each ones
- Last Wednesday I took my first step on introducing Iqra’ Books for both of them.
- Both kiddies were extremely excited, I even allowed them to decorate their personal Iqra’ Book with their fancy sticker names & covered with plastic book cover.
We visited my grandma and KiruaMi-cHan proudly chanted “Aa-Ba-Ta“, plus told her about his Iqra’ class while ReiHi-cHan kept repeating her Iqra’ songs. *alhamdulillah*
I am so grateful to Allah swt for giving us the whole opportunity; we really enjoy our Iqra’ sessions, indeed 😉
Below are some of our pictures:
KiruaMi-cHan was reading Iqra’ book by himself~
ReiHi-cHan was reading Iqra’ book by herself~
My lil girl & me 😉
YunaFi-cHan loved to join us *yay*
As treated on their good work, I cooked special chicken soup for dinner:
Today I would like to share some of tips on How to Guide Your Baby to Love Reading Quran:
- Step 1:
Once you find out you are having a baby and this baby is growing inside you, this is the perfect time, in my opinion, to begin reading Al-Quran to your baby, listening to CD or MP3.
- Step 2:
Once your baby are born, do not stop reading Al-Quran to them. They love hearing Mommy or Daddy’ s voice. They will not know what you are reading to them, but they will hear the words you are using.
- Step 3:
When your newborn goes into infant and toddler hood, reading to them will be even better. Read & show a particular Arabic’s / Jawi flash card to them everyday, the same card over and over again.
- Step 4:
Introduce your baby to sing Zikruallah and simple prayer.
- Step 5:
Invite your baby or toddler to join you to pray.
- Step 6:
Read Islamic bedtime stories for your baby and toddler. Patiently answered their inquiries about God, angel, world and etc. Oh yes, reading to your baby at a very, very early age will have its advantages. There is nothing wrong with having a baby or toddler who want to be read to all day, everyday.
Notes: Being pregnant is a joy and also a perfect time to let your baby hear your reading to them. Be prepared to have little toddlers who want to be read to all day, everyday!
Wish ya all the best mommies *with love* 😉
See you soon~