Post by The King on November 8, 2010
This is Sticky Post (48 hours) . Kindly scroll down for our latest post. TQ!
Hi there, fellas!
After long silence, I’m back (even for a sec) with additional info of the amazing world of iTalkWHOA!
Presenting: RSS Feeds in iTalkWHOA!
O’ don’t you worry about this hi-tech acronym. RSS is short for “Really Simple Syndication“. It is just a label, nothing more or less, so put your worries in my pocket, will ya?
RSS Feeds 101:
RSS Feeds enable you to get news feeds and updates on any topics that interest you in super-fast and easy ways. Yes, you don’t have to check or be on the lookout on what’s coming.
It delivers the headline, short summary and a link back to the full text every time an RSS news feed is updated.
How does it benefit you?
- If you have been worried about giving your name and email address to subscribe to any newsletter, the RSS feed in iTalkWHOA! has come to your rescue. Subscribing to RSS feed does not require you to do so. No more e-mails and no spams too. Your privacy is assured.
- You will get updates automatically on your iTalkWHOA’s account.
- For those who have got used to bookmaking pages, this is no longer necessary.
- If you are a content owner or publisher, you are able to distribute your contents without being sent to the junk folder.
Alright then, enough of IT’s junkie, now let’s move on HOW(on earth) to configure RSS feeds on your iTalkWHOA’s account?
Okie, first do select the RSS Feeds under Mail panel and click on New Group to create a new category/group.
Within seconds, a Pop up box [RSSFeed Category Name] will appear and please input any name for the new group – example News:
Then click on button [Add]
And, wal-lah, automatically the News Feeds will appear in current Category Panel as below:
Now, for an example:
To input any info on News category, just search for RSS News that interest you. Feeds gather from The star newspaper.
Just click directly to the The Star URL- http://thestar.com.my/
Scroll further down till the end of the webpage and you will see image as below:
The RSS icon placed on the right side and click on it (with no hesitation, please )
You may input or place any RSS in iTalkWHOA! for any website that have the RSS icon:
Furthermore, you may also get RSS Feeds from:
- Any newspaper – The star [http://thestar.com.my/rss/]
- At PC/Entertainment website – Apple [http://www.apple.com/rss/]
- At blogger website
Shown above the link for RSS Feeds in The Star newspaper. For sure, you can just choose any topic that interests you the most. In this example, Sport under News been selected.
Just right click on the RSS icon besides the Sport News and select ‘Copy Link Location’.
Go back to your iTalkWHOA’s account and highlight the News icon, input ‘Sport’ under ‘Feed Description’ and paste the url copied previously.
That’s all you need to do to enjoy the wonder of RSS Feeds in iTalkWHOA! Incredibly simple, yet useful features.
One thing to remember: Sometimes, the link create does not appear immediately. Thus we need to wait for a few minutes before the link to appear. Or we may logout and login again into iTalkWHOA! to view the link (refresh browser, please).
Do try this tips, happy e-reading!
Leave a Reply