Postponed: Easy-Peasy for Moms
Post by MamaFiza on April 22, 2009
Ohaiyo gozaimasu adorable mommies
Wish you were in marvelous Wednesday *hugs*
Proud to announce that we’ll held mini talk: Easy-Peasy Book Guide for Moms by next May 2009
Anyone who says that they care about children and education and isn’t reading aloud is lying or about to make the discovery of a lifetime ~ Esmé Raji Codell (Readiologist)
Great Reasons Why You Should Join:
- You may enhance your creativity on first step to homeschool your child.
- Guide how to make time for regular read-aloud.
- How to create special reading places with less budget.
- How to appreciate and give books as gifts.
- How to start and create family library traditions.
- How to read and start work at home business while homeschooling.
Research compiled by Jim Trelease establishes that sharing books:
- Conditions the child to associate reading with pleasure, as association that is necessary in order to maintain reading as a lifelong activity.
- Contributes to background knowledge for all other subject areas, including science, history, geography, math, and social studies.
- Provides the child with a reading role model.
- Creates empathy toward other people, because literature values humanity and celebrates human spirit and potential, offering insight into different lifestyles while recognizing universality.
- Increases a child’s vocabulary and grammar, and has the potential to improve writing skills.
- Improves future probability of employment and higher quality of life.
- Increases life span by virtue of correlated education, employment, and higher quality of life.
- Lowers probability of imprisonment.
- Improves problem-solving and critical-thinking skills that are fundamental and transferable to all other areas of learning.
- Offers information.
- Offers laughter and entertainment and an alternative to television.
- Improves attention span.
- Stimulates the imagination.
- Nurtures emotional development and improves self-esteem.
Author Jim Trelease’s book, ‘The Read-Aloud Handbook’
Place: Kinokuniya Coffee Club Express, Kinokuniya, KLCC.
Date: 27th June 2009
Time: 2.00 pm to 3.30pm
Module: Easy-Peasy Book Guide for Moms (90 minutes) by Miss MamaFiza a.k.a me (will be held in B.Malaysia + English)
- Ways to Cultivate a Lifetime Reading Habit for YOU, Your Baby, Toddler and Kids
- Guideline and Reading Recommendation List
- Q & A Session
Participant will be getting:
1) Print-Out material for the talk + Gift pack
2) Seminar participants will get a free sample jar each, as well as a special discount card to use on first purchase sponsored by LovingMinerals.com website.
Cost: RM 79
- Refreshments (not included, kindly direct order your drinks and meals on the event date at Kinokuniya Coffee Club Express)
Only 10 7 seats available for this event *alhamdulillah* . Yes, limited to 10 persons
For Easy-Peasy Book Guide for Moms event , we require a minimum of 10 persons booked in, or else it will be cancelled and postponed.
For mommies whom have already participate in previous seminar (e.g: Homeschool “Chatter” Moment, Homeschool Module @SaraKids/SusuIbu), you may get RM 7 voucher to join this event.
Kindly choose (Package II) at “Option” menu before “Add to Basket“. Thank you >_<
Click HERE to join the crowd!
It’s on for next month, I’ll be there so why don’t you?
May Allah swt always bless your family. Amin~ *cuddles*
Leave a Reply