Painting Tips: Handmade Bookmark
Wish you were in the pink of health 😉
For this week updates, we would like to contribute on Art Class; making a finger-painting bookmark.
Art is a lie that makes us realize truth ~ Pablo Picasso
Some of tips on painting with baby & toddler:
- Remember that it’s the process, not the product, that’s important.
- Plan simple art projects to avoid confusing and frustrating your toddler.
- Keep an open mind. Your toddlers may have different ideas about how to use the materials you’ve provided.
- Sit down with your toddlers as they are creating.
- Talk about what they’re doing and join in the creative process.
- Offer suggestions by modeling them, rather than explaining them.
- When painting, place papers on old newspaper to keep messes to a minimum.
- Toddlers love using paintbrushes, but they may also enjoy painting with such things as craft sticks, spoons, cotton swabs, feathers, and sponges.
- Tape 3 or 4 regular crayons together to make a crayon just the right size for a toddler’s hand *could make “rainbow art” too!*
- Cover a table with butcher paper and let your children draw or paint all over it.
- Invite your toddlers to stand up while finger-painting. This allows them to involve their arms and bodies in the process.
- Be sure to give your child plenty of space for moving around.
- Dressed your kiddies with old clothings before starting any art project, it will prevent you from being crabby to ’em
Alright then, let’s begin our project:
1. Prepare art stuff that you’ll needed;
- drawing paper, paint pallet, water color (non-toxic), paint brushes, pencil, eraser, glue, 2 water container (1/2 full); 1 for washing hand, 1 more for washing brushes
- scissor (not included in the picture, required adult supervision), color paper, hole paper punch & ribbon (not included in the picture)
2. Describe the art plan to your kiddies.
“The faces of; eager” by KiruaMi-cHan & YunaFi-cHan. *ReiHi-cHan was showing off her fingernails with henna finished by Mak Ngah*
3. Allowed your kiddies to choose their favorite colors.
KiruaMi picked green & orange; ReiHi decided on red & yellow; YunaFi voted for brown & blue!
4. Supply your kiddies with drawing paper.
5. Start painting your kiddies palm & fingers *demonstration*
One by one~
6. Authorize your kiddies to do by their own.
Step by step~
7. Press your toddler painted fingers down on a drawing paper.
Small hand 😉
8. Wash your toddler hand before putting new color / repaint all fingers and palm.
9. Let the paint to dry.
10. Help your toddler to cut their masterpieces into separated pieces of hand.
11. Give your toddler to glue those “paper waving hands” and sticked ’em on color paper.
*My kiddies love to use glue stick due to it is so easy for them to apply it and less mess*
2 focused toddlers
We used black papers.
12. Again, assist your kiddies to cut their artwork;
13. Show your kiddies on how to use a hole paper punch at separated paper & let them try on their finished artwork.
14. Tied up ribbons and wallah~
You may asked your kiddies to use it as a bookmark when every time they read their favorite book! *my kiddies love it!*
Wall of Fame~
Wish ya great luck mommies 😉
May you have a superb time with your little ones this weekend.
May Allah swt blessed your valuable family. Amin~